eSportsInsurance offers insurance coverage for nearly all types of 5K runs, 10K runs, marathons, triathlons, and more! While special events like 5K runs, and 10K runs can be both fun and profitable, there are risks to hosting such special events.
Our 5K, 10K, Walk, and Run policies are specifically geared towards 5K runs, 10K runs, and other running events.
Policies are bound on a participant liability basis provide coverage for claims and lawsuits alleging bodily injury or property damage. This includes serious injury or death of an athletic participant, volunteer, or spectator or property damage to a facility or location rented or occupied by the organization. For participant liability to apply, the event must also have an accident/medical policy.
The excess Accident / Medical coverage helps pay for out-of-pocket medical costs for an injured athletic participant, coach, volunteer or manager. Injuries do happen when participating in special events, and the accident /medical policy can keep injured participants from facing a serious financial burden due to medical bills from an injury.
Walking and/or running events with a course distance of less than 16 miles, including but not limited to:
5k or 10k walk/run
Non-competitive charity walk/runs
Unfortunately, we cannot cover the following activities/events under this program:
– Adventure races
– Mud runs/warrior runs/zombie runs/obstacle course runs/urbanathons (competitions, exhibitions or foot races that involve man-made obstacle courses, man-made mud pits, man-made slippery slopes, wall climbs, or other similar man-made obstacles)
– College or university level championship events
– Endurance races
– Events involving animals other than service animals
– Events with water activities or cycling activities
– Events where the distance is more than 16 miles
– Full marathons (distances greater than 16 miles)
– Glow runs, color runs and similar types events or runs
– Professional sports events, try-outs and training, camps/clinics
– Hiking events
– Iron man events
Learn more about Accident / Medical insurance coverage here.
Learn more about General Liability insurance coverage here.